|Photo Credit: Colonial Williamsburg|
Colonial Williamsburg’s 4th of July events include:
- Dramatic reading of the Declaration of Independence
- Soaring patriotic music
- Fifes and Drums
- Picnic at the Governor’s Palace
- Salute to the original 13 states
- Music by the Virginia Symphony Orchestra
- Dazzling Fireworks display
The salute to the original 13 states will feature music performed by the Fifes and Drums, flags of each state, the firing of muskets and cannon. Visitors can also take in “I hear America Singing” at the DeWitt Wallace Decorative Arts Museum. During the program old-time songs and dance tunes grounded in traditional Americana and the British Isles are performed. There are two performances on July 4 – one at 1:30pm and the other at 3:30pm.When night falls, fireworks will light up the sky. The show can be seen from Palace Green and Market Square.
More details regarding 4th of July in Williamsburg are coming soon!